Sooo... it looks like my file will be on hold. By my choice.
It looks like a domestic adoption, something that I hadn't even really explored, is in the cards for me. I can't say with 100% certainty that this is a go, but from what the munchkin's social worker has indicated, it is extremely likely. Without divulging too much too soon, I can say that in the very near future, my son will likely have a new brother. And I just might be the mother of (count them!) TWO six year olds. Yeah. Wow. I'll let you all know when I know with certainty.
Pray for me that if this is meant to be, then it will be.
Major Adoption-Related Events
- 09-04-29 Part One Sponsorship Application Completed and Sent
- 08-11-04 Dossier in Ethiopia -- the wait begins
- 08-10-24 Dossier on its way to Ethiopia
- 08-10-23 Dossier back to Imagine
- 08-10-17 Dossier to Ottawa
- 08-10-07 Dossier (finally complete) at Imagine
- 08-09-10 Dossier (most) Sent to Imagine
- 08-09-04 Provincial Approval Received
- 08-07-08 Completed Dossier Sent to Province for Approval
- 08-06-26 HAR Signed and sent back to ABC
- 08-05-16 HAR Started
- 08-04-22 Int'l Adoption Self-Study Course Completed
- 08-04-07 Application sent to ABC
- 08-02-19 Initial Application faxed to Imagine
- 08-02-16 References Requested from Friends