Major Adoption-Related Events

  • 09-04-29 Part One Sponsorship Application Completed and Sent
  • 08-11-04 Dossier in Ethiopia -- the wait begins
  • 08-10-24 Dossier on its way to Ethiopia
  • 08-10-23 Dossier back to Imagine
  • 08-10-17 Dossier to Ottawa
  • 08-10-07 Dossier (finally complete) at Imagine
  • 08-09-10 Dossier (most) Sent to Imagine
  • 08-09-04 Provincial Approval Received
  • 08-07-08 Completed Dossier Sent to Province for Approval
  • 08-06-26 HAR Signed and sent back to ABC
  • 08-05-16 HAR Started
  • 08-04-22 Int'l Adoption Self-Study Course Completed
  • 08-04-07 Application sent to ABC
  • 08-02-19 Initial Application faxed to Imagine
  • 08-02-16 References Requested from Friends

Sunday, January 22, 2012

On Hold

Sooo... it looks like my file will be on hold. By my choice.
It looks like a domestic adoption, something that I hadn't even really explored, is in the cards for me. I can't say with 100% certainty that this is a go, but from what the munchkin's social worker has indicated, it is extremely likely. Without divulging too much too soon, I can say that in the very near future, my son will likely have a new brother. And I just might be the mother of (count them!) TWO six year olds. Yeah. Wow. I'll let you all know when I know with certainty.
Pray for me that if this is meant to be, then it will be.

10 comments:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Best of luck, how very exciting!!!

Dianne said...

Wow! What an exciting change of direction! I can imagine how hard it may be to sit through this while there is still an element of the unknown. Thinking of you, and I hope you find peace and calm while you wait for this to finalize.

Joy said...

Having arrived at domestic adoption after a few years of obstacles in regard to our international adoption plans, I am excited for you, and look forward to hearing any more news as things unfold!

The Mannings said...

Melissa- its amazing how life twists and turns!! So excited for you! Looking forward to hearing more!

BCMommy said...

Wow! That's quite a change! Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Claire

Kendra said...

Oh this is super exciting!!!! I hope it all goes well for you.

joy said...

Whoa! Two six year old boys! And what of your file in ET? Will you keep it there and become a mother of 3? wow! cant' wait to hear what unfolds

kevin21 said...

Nike High Heels

Monster High Celebrities

Jordan Heels

Nike Dunk Sb High Heels Black And Pink

High Heel

Karen said...

The suspense is killing me...:)

yh said...

sac burberry
sac chanel
sac chloe
sac dior
chaussures nike
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
dolce gabbana tasche
ed hardy tasche
fendi tasche
sac juicy
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac guess pas cher
tee shirts prada
tee shirts louis vuitton
tee shirts polo
polo bolsas
prada bolsas
versace bolsas